Dr. Ortigara Crego was born in Chicago, Illinois where she resided most of her young life with the exception of five years in a small town in Wautoma Wisconsin. In her late 20’s she moved to South Florida to enjoy the tropical beaches and paradise ambiance. In her spare time she loves walking the beaches with her beloved dog Southern Grace, cycling, reading, and writing on spiritual recovery from food addiction. Dr. Lisa started in the weight-loss industry with Weight Watchers, speaking to hospital personnel, employers, and the general public on the topics of weight loss and healthful eating. To date she maintains a nearly 100 pound loss using the approach she teaches.
Dr. Ortigara Crego a clinical psychotherapist, addiction psychologist and Visiting Professor in private practice worked in the field of eating disorders for well over two and a half decades. She earned a doctorate in addiction psychology, a master’s degree in social work with the emphasis on mental health, and is certified as an eating disorder specialist, masters certified addiction professional and licensed national Board Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist. She is the author of: Release Your Obsession with Diet Chatter: Heal from the Inside Out and Release Your Obsession with Food: Heal from the Inside Out.
Dr. Ortigara Crego worked in the weight loss industry for well over two decades. She speaks around the country on recovery from compulsive eating utilizing spiritual and mind healing. She contributed several chapters in Sage publications and runs a blog found at Weightcontroltherapy.com. Dr.Ortigara Crego’s professional membership organization affiliations are: the National Association of Social Workers, the National Board for Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists, the International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals, and the American Psychological Association.
- When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
LOC: I first became interested in writing when I was a teenager at the age of 13 years old. I’ve been keeping a journal for over fifty years! I still have all of them in a trunk….
- How long does it take to write your book(s)? LOC: My first book took ten years to finally publish. It began as my PhD dissertation (4 years). From a dissertation to book another 6 years between edits and rewrites. My second and third book each took one year from start to publish.
- What is your work schedule like when writing a book? LOC: I work fulltime as a clinical psychotherapist and part time as a Visiting Professor teaching psychology. I write 500 words a day (which often turns to 1000 on the weekends) when I’m developing a book.
- Where do you get your ideas or information for your book? LOC: My ideas are from past patients, research, and personal exploration.
- When did you write your first book? LOC: My first book was published in 2017
- What do you do when you’re not writing? LOC: I work as a clinical psychotherapist in private practice and teach psychology.
- What does your family think of your writing? LOC: My family is proud and excited for me.
- What was the most surprising thing you learned in creating your books? LOC: The writing is the easy part. The developing and preparation for publication is quite stressful…
- How many books have you written? 3 Which is your favorite? LOC: They are each my baby…loving them equally.
- Any tips/suggestions on getting started? LOC: Just start with a first sentence and keep going to the end.
- What do you think makes a good story? LOC: I’m a nonfiction writer, so a good story is a true story with lessons and guidance along the way.
- As a child,what did you want to do when you grew up? LOC: I wanted to be a writer once I learned I couldn’t be a monkey…for real….
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/Dr.LisaOrtigaraCrego